Finally, after three years, Leeds #MillionsMissing in-person event is coming back! Help us make this year even bigger that the last.
#MillionsMissing is a global campaign organised by #MEAction UK for better health equality for people with ME.
Earlier this year we kicked off Leeds 2022 #MillionsMissing campaign with a virtual event on 12th May. The online event allowed the opportunity for local Yorkshire based ME suppport groups to connect with people with ME across Yorkshire. The event was smaller with the promise of a bigger in-person event later in the year.
On Saturday 17th September (2022) we will be taking to the streets Leeds City Centre once again. Our aim this year is to reconnect with local groups and build our network of support whilst raising awareness of the debilitating disease.
As preparations are well underway we’d like to appeal to those who wish to support the event. As many of you know Leeds #MillionsMissing and ME & Me is solely run by myself (Charlie Wainwright) and any support you’re able to provide to help the smooth running of the day is hugely appreciated.
You can help to support Leeds #MillionsMissing in various ways:
- Donating to the JustGiving page to help towards the cost of the day.
- Getting in touch via the contact form below with any assistance you may be able to provide on the day – such as bringing camping chairs, foldout tables, posters to display etc.
- If you’d like to speak on the day, have a poem you’d like to share or artwork you wish to be displayed you can also get in touch using the contact form below. We want to hear from you!
- If you are unable to physically be there on the day you can also use the contact form below to get in touch and we can do our best to ensure your story is shared and your presence in our commuinity is known.
- Share, like and comment on posts to spread the word about Leeds #MillionsMissing. Please don’t forget to tag us!
- Pop the date in your diary, make your friends and family aware, invite everyone along to support and learn more about ME.
Keep your eyes peeled as in the lead up to the event we’ll be sharing what to expect on the day!